IVM Implementation in eastern Africa
The purpose of the project is to assess the impact of IVM strategies on communities’ health, socio-economic status and the environment, and to use the evidence and lessons learned as a platform for promoting IVM widely.
Research activities include conducting randomised controlled trial experiments at project sites in Kenya and Ethiopia to evaluate community mobilisation and education and larviciding, among other IVM interventions.
These studies are being conducted by the Human Health team in collaboration with the Socioeconomics and Impact Assessment Unit
- Biovision Foundation, Switzerland
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)/United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)
- Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)
- Ministries of health in Kenya and Ethiopia
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Duke University, USA
For more information, contact: