The Information Resource Centre (IRC) is a special research library of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe). It caters for the information needs of the icipe researchers and scholars. It is both a physical and a virtual library. It provides access round the clock to its users both on and off campus. It also has a vast collection of e-resources with e-books and e-journals.
IRC Vision is to be one of the leading knowledge hubs in insect science and its related disciplines in the tropics.
Among the Strategic Objectives and Services of the IRC are the following:
- Provision of a wide range of information services that support the research and training programs of the icipe
- Selection and acquisition of up to date information resources in various forms and formats that are relevant to the information needs of the icipe
- Organization of the acquired information resources using international standards for easy retrieval and exchange
- Provision of appropriate information awareness skills to IRC patrons through user education and training for effective utilization of the information resources
- Adoption of new and emerging technologies that enhance access to the IRC information resources in an efficient and effective manner
Please click here: http://intranet.icipe.org:8000/intranet/ to go to the library intranet.
For queries and suggestions, please contact
Arnold Mwanzu, firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +254-020-8632133 or +254-020-8632125