The Social Sciences and Impact Assessment Unit (SSIAU) is committed to generating data-driven insights regarding insects and insect-based innovations to influence policy decisions, support tailored intervention development, and spark discussions on the social, economic, and environmental (SEE) impacts of insects and insect sciences across Africa. The realization of this objective is anchored on the execution of the below-outlined research agendas.
- Adoption and Scaling Strategies
- Impacts and Effectiveness of Insects and insect-based innovations
- Ecosystems and Climate Change
- Governance, Institutions, Innovation, and Policy
- Gender and youth inclusion, capacity building, and Monitoring and Evaluation