The icipe Bioprospecting Programme undertakes research and development towards the following:
- Discovery, development and commercialization of products from biodiversity for pest, vector and disease management.
- Promotion of sustainable production, commercialization and use of nature-based products through Private-Public-Community Partnerships (PPCP).
- Capacity building of natural resource-dependent rural communities to sustainably produce pesticidal and medicinal plants and products for pest, vector and disease management for:
- Livelihood improvement, biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation.
- Promotion of new cash crops from traditional insecticidal and medicinal plants for rural community development.
- Promotion of Green Economy in Africa.
For further information, contact:
- Janet Irungu (email@example.com)
- John Bwire (firstname.lastname@example.org), Researcher
- Fred Nduguli (email@example.com), Research, Capacity Building and Commercial Activities
- Rose Marubu (RMarubu@icipe.org), Researcher
- Lamberts Moreka (firstname.lastname@example.org), Research Assistant
- Nixon Onyimbo (email@example.com)
- Victorine Taka Buluma