Socio-economic assessment to establish the inventory of key insect species to be considered as potential source of proteins for feed in Kenya and Uganda
Within the Insect feed for poultry and fish production in sub Saharan Africa (INSFEED) project, the SSIA Unit is conducting analyses on:
- Differential perception of use of insect based feed based on gender; and
- Differential perception of use of insect based feed based on age.
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
- Kenya: Egerton University, University of Nairobi, Sanergy Ltd., Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS), Unga Feed, Lasting Solution,
- Uganda: Makerere University; UNBS, NaLiRRI, NaFiRRI, UGACHICK,