Call For Applications: EANBiT Masters In Bioinformatics – 2021/2022 Academic Year
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR– 02nd June 2021 - 23:59Hrs (EAT)
The Eastern Africa Network for Bioinformatics Training (EANBiT) is a training network supported by Fogarty International Center of the National Institutes of Health (FIC-NIH, USA), the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL) and the Human Health & Heredity in Africa (h3Africa.org). This network consists of three universities: Pwani (PU); Makerere (MU) and Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences and four Research Institutes (MUHAS), and four research institutions: International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology(icipe); KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP); Biosciences eastern and central Africa-International Livestock Research Institute (BecA-ILRI hub) and Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI).
EANBiT aims to develop a critical mass of bioinformaticians in the region through a high-quality Masters training. Students are registered and spend their first year at one of the partner universities undertaking taught units before undertaking their research project at a partner research centre in the second year. Further, the taught units are enhanced through a 5-week intensive course facilitated by renowned local and international bioinformaticians. Consequently, the programme has an over 90% timely completion rate with many graduates wining PhD scholarships and research positions within a year of completion.
- The EANBiT Fellowship Programme is open to Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania nationals only.
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements for MSc at their preferred university.
- Applicants wanting to study at Makerere University must submit an admission application to the University before the deadline of 28th May 2021.
Please follow the link below to access the details: https://news.mak.ac.ug/2021/03/call-for-applications-admissions-to-postgraduate-programmes-2021-2022
The applicant must submit the following documents together with the application:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including any relevant research work and experience
- A one-page letter of motivation explaining why one wants to pursue an MSc. in Bioinformatics
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificate
- Contacts of at least two referees
A limited number of full and partial scholarships are available to support students during the training.
Full scholarships will provide 2-year support for students and will cover tuition fees and a monthly stipend. Partial scholarships will provide 1-year support for students and will cover tuition fees and stipends in the second year of study only. The academic performance in the first year will be considered.
How to Apply
The application process is two-fold:
- Confirm university admission requirements and apply on the indicated website before the deadline.
- Pwani University; Kilifi, Kenya https://www.pu.ac.ke/index.php/en/academics/admissions/how-to-apply
- Makerere University; Kampala, Uganda (Deadline: 28th May 2021) https://www.mak.ac.ug/admissions
- Applicants who meet the university qualifications can proceed to apply for the scholarship here: https://redcap.icipe.org/redcap/surveys/?s=PNREDM4MRC
Only online applications will be accepted.
In case of queries kindly contact us on email@example.com