Socio-economic assessment of communities’ perception of insects as food; their willingness to accept insects as part of their diets and livelihood effects of edible insects in households
Under the Insect feed for poultry and fish production in sub Saharan Africa (INSFEED) project, SSIA's activities include:
- Assess the dietary diversity and nutritional effects of edible insects in households; and
- Comparing households using edible insects for food and non-users of edible insects.
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- National agricultural research institutes in Kenya and Uganda
- Non-governmental organisations
- Private sector partners