Invitation for bids (IFB) consultant to identify secondary schools in Western Kenya and establish contacts with the school heads and science club teachers to engage students in a science based conversation for knowledge and skills transfer
- The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) is an intergovernmental organisation research and training in sustainable management of (arthropods) for improving health and agricultural productivity in the tropics (www.icipe.org).
- intends to procure the services of a consultant to Identify Secondary Schools in Western Kenya and Establish Contacts with the School Heads and Science Club Teachers to Engage Students in a Science Based Conversation for Knowledge and Skills Transfer. See attached Terms of Reference (TOR) here http://www.icipe.org/sites/default/files/TOR-for-DELTAs-project.pdf
- icipe now invites interested parties who are able to demonstrate technical capability to provide the above-mentioned service.
- The Consultant should possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies, and provide evidence:
- A PhD in a biological sciences or any other science related discipline, OR At least a Masters of Arts (M.A) degree in communication studies.
- At least three years of experience in outreach and career talks to high school students.
- A good understanding of the operations and management of secondary schools.
- Close linkages and/or associations with secondary schools in Western and Nyanza region
- An excellent work ethics reputation.
- Demonstrable capacity to develop documentaries.
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals.
5. Interested parties must also provide a competitive fee quote to perform the assignment.
6. The Invitation for Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11:00 hours East Africa Time on 25th October 2019. The bids will be opened the same date and time, in the presence of those submitting. The submissions in hard copy should be clearly marked: ‘Çonsultancy service to Identify Secondary Schools in Western Kenya and Establish Contacts with the School Heads and Science Club Teachers to Engage Students in a Science Based Conversation for Knowledge and Skills Transfer”. Electronic submissions are permitted, through email@example.com . Late submissions will be rejected.
Through Tender Box
Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building, Off Thika Road, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI