Invitation for Bids (IFB): Provision of consultancy service to undertake an external evaluation of Norad-supported project entitled ‘Combating Arthropod Pest for Better Health, Food and Climate Resilience (Cap-Africa) Programme’
- The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) is an intergovernmental organisation headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, that carries out research and training in sustainable management of insects (arthropods) for improving comprehensive health and agricultural productivity in the tropics (www.icipe.org).
- In 2018, the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) entered into an Agreement with the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) to support icipe under the programme Combating Arthropod Pest for Better Health, Food and Climate Resilience- CAP-Africa RAF-3058 KEN-18/0005, whose overall objective is: To improve the health, food and nutritional security of people of East Africa and enhance their resilience to climate change by promoting effective and sustainable management strategies for arthropod pest of economic significance in the region. Paragraph 9.1 of the agreement calls for a review focusing on progress and results achieved to date by the Project in 2021/2022 (year four).
- icipe seeks to engage a reviewer or a team of reviewers with experience in assessing change in complex systems and with expertise and knowledge in the fields of agriculture, vector-borne diseases, capacity building and social science. The reviewer or a team of reviewers consultant are expected to develop a review plan based on the suggested review questions as specified in the TORs, but may suggest additional questions or modifications. The terms of reference set out in the URL below describe the work to be carried out by the consultant(s) that will be awarded the assignment: http://www.icipe.org/sites/default/files/icipe_Norad_ToR_CAP-Africa_Programme_Review-1.pdf
- icipe now invites interested person(s) who are able to demonstrate technical capability to successfully deliver the above-mentioned assignment.
- Interested parties should have:
- At a minimum, a Master’s degree. Please attach detailed CV and copies of certificates.
- At least 10 years’ experience as an evaluator with demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills. Please provide evidence.
- Proven experience in evaluating similar programmes. Attach two (2) samples of previous work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Provide a competitive fee quote in US dollars (US$) to perform the assignment.
- Technical and financial proposals should be addressed to the address below and submitted electronically through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11:00 hours East Africa Time on 28th April 2022. The submissions should be clearly marked: ‘Provision of consultancy service to undertake an external evaluation of Norad-supported project entitled ‘Combating arthropod pest for better health, food and climate resilience (CAP-Africa) programme’. Late submissions will be rejected.
icipe Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building, Off Thika Road, Kasarani,
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI